Skip to main content

2014 Update

It's been a while since I wrote a blog...almost a year in fact...

I have struggled so much with my weight over the last couple of years. I went from about 145 lbs up to 200 lbs. I'm back down in the 190's but so upset since I was so happy when I was in the 140s. I need to tighten my belt, for lack of better words, and get back to watching my diet and really and truly get back to counting calories since I know that works for me. 

What really is heart breaking for me is going up in size in clothing. I went from wearing a size 8 to a 14, now back down to 12. I hate buying new clothes when I ones I love just sitting in my closet now being worn.

The good thing this all is that I truly never gave up working out. I might have not been doing it at the intensity that I was in the past but that has change about 5 months ago. Five months ago I found CrossFit and fell in love. I have found through this program that it is very humbling and empowering. I have done more things that I have never thought I could do. 

Right now I'm having to find the balance between what I doing in CrossFit and what I'm eating since its more weight lifting than cardio, in my opinion. So starting this past week I have added a little bit more cardio in the mornings to help supplement my workouts. 

Like I said I'm back in a size 12 even though I have only lost between 5-10 lbs over the last 5 months...so I've lost inches and put on muscle. I really need to get back into the Bod Pod and I think that will give me a better idea of where my body is changing instead of looking at the scale alone because we all know a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle, muscle just takes up less space. I really need to get away from the scale and not putting so much emphasis on what I weigh and more what I look like and what I can do in the gym. 

So here are my goals for 2014:
Drop 2-3 clothing sizes
Master Double Unders
Master Box Jumps
Up the weight on: Deadlift; Front,Back, & Overhead Squats, Power/Squat Cleans, Power/Squat Snatches, Push Press, Push/Split Jerk
Cut 2 or more minutes off my mile average


                                                             Update Photo of ME!

Comments

  1. You were back at size 12? That’s a great progress! It may be heartbreaking that you can’t wear your old clothes and have to buy a new one. But at least you are getting closer to the size you wanted. And with your goals, there’s no doubt that before 2014 ends, you’ll be a size 8 again.

    -- Marty, Utah Wellness Institute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext