Skip to main content

My Year in My Weight Loss

I started out on this last attempt to lose weight on June 26, 2010. My 1 year anniversary is coming up in 3 days. I still can't believe that I stuck with this for a whole year. My last few attempts only last a few months at a time. I can't say what one reason why I stuck with it this time, but I do contribute most of it due to me being in therapy. Along with getting my outer image what I want it to be, I worked on getting my inner image what I want it to be. I let go of so much through therapy which in turn let me let go of much from my body.

I have learned so much through out this last year. After the first couple of weeks I stopped feeling that "hunger" feeling. I have never felt deprived of anything type of food as I didn't anything from my diet. I did go one month of no fast food to see if I could do it....lasted 25 out of the 30 days. I didn't feel like that was a failure by any means, I was on a family outing and it was a last minute decision to grab KFC for the picnic. I now know that I don't have to eat until the feeling of being sick to my stomach occurs, that my body doesn't need 2,000 or more calories a day. I even crave water. I can even tell when my body doesn't react to well to foods that I used to love, such as movie theater popcorn. Had some the other day and felt nauseous for the rest of the day. I'm sad to see it go, but from now on I'll stay away from it.

On the exercise front I love to workout! I actually feel like crap when I don't make it to the gym or out for a run, but I do listen to my body when it tells me that I need a day off. I first started out working out at home on my Wii and once the kids got into school last August I hit the gym and haven't stopped. I conquered my fear of the free weights room and even made a few "friends" at the gym, they are such a great support to me and my journey. Then last December I decided to try the C25k program again. I got to week 3 before go off that and doing my own thing. I'm proud to say that I ran my first 5k in March of this year and had a time that beat my goal by over 5 minutes! I am now up to running on average of 5.5 miles, with a few 7 mile runs too. I'm working on training for a HM for September of 2012, but plan on doing at least one 10k next March if not one this fall.

Now onto the best parts....the results of a year long of hard work:

Starting Weight: 242.4 lbs
Current Weight: 157.6
Total Lost: 84.8 lbs, 35% of starting body weight!!

Starting BMI: 45.1, Morbidly Obese
Current BMI: 29.3, Overweight
Total Difference: 15.8

I would post inches lost but I don't have accurate records as I didn't start until October of 2010.

Clothing:
Jeans Starting: 20 (though I squeezed into 18)
Current: 10
Difference: 5 sizes

Shirts Starting: XXL
Current L/M
Difference:2-3 sizes

Here are some photos of what a difference of 85 lbs looks like....


Starting Point until Now

Facial Difference From then to Now

As I started to drop sizes
I don't have any photos of me in Size 18 (should have been size 20) And haven't bought Size 10 yet.

Size Difference of 18 to 12
Again I don't have any 20's nor 10's yet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext