Skip to main content

Fabulous Weekend

I had a fabulous weekend of hanging out with friends and family. I got to hang out with some oh so fabulous ladies Friday morning with yummy treats and great conversation, then Friday night I went out with some more fabulous ladies to Downtown Charleston, went dancing at a couple of clubs, which I haven't done in I can't count how many years...though I did have more drinks than I had planned on, lol. But one of the biggest things I realized Friday night was that I no longer think of myself as "fat"....I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror since it didn't seem real that it was me looking back out from the reflection. I was a little self conscious about dancing since I didn't think I was doing it very well but not from my weight....YIPEE!!!! I can't wait to go out with them again. I got to wear a top that I bought back in July with the jewelry I bought to go with it. It's the 1st time that I have gotten that dressed up in a long time. I actually can't wait to go shopping so I can get more dressier clothes.


 Since I didn't get home until about 2:45 in the morning and was back up at 8 I decided not to hit the gym and relax most of the day, took a nap or two, but decided that we would get out of the house around 4 since I didn't want to stay home the whole weekend. I could feel a headache coming on and had planned on taking some meds when we got to the restaurant but I totally forgot that I had changed purses the night before and all through dinner it steadily got worse. I was able to enjoy the one thing I wanted at the restaurant (crab dip, yummy) before the pain became too much and I felt really bad that we had to cut our evening short so I could get back home to take some meds and a hot bath. And stupid me really let it go since I ended up getting sick as soon as we got home, but thankfully the headache was gone by the end of the night, though I did have a headache hangover, nothing that a good night's sleep didn't fix. 


So this morning I was ready to get back to the gym and back to my routine. I decided to go for a run on the treadmill since I haven't ran since Thursday, and I struggled through half of it....I wanted to go for 4 miles but ended up with 3.1, just proud that I didn't stop. Got an arm workout in but wasn't happy with it either and finished out on the bike....over all it was a good workout, not the greatest. Had to stop by the store afterwards to pick up some thing for dinner tonight and as I was walking into the store I had the same thought....I don't feel fat, I feel normal...it's such a new thing for me since I have dealt with being fat for some many years....that kinda set the tone for the day, was gonna be a good. Came home and relaxed, read a book and watch too many football games with the hubby, lol. Though dinner wasn't "healthy" it was very yummy and something I haven't made in over a year...ate too much and realized it but not something that will send me in a tail spin...I'll just have to give it just a little more oomph this week...though I'm not sure if I will get a workout in on Tuesday since I have an all day meeting and I just don't feel it when I go at night...will just have to see how it goes that day. 


And since I was feeling so good about myself on Friday I had my hubby take a picture of me in my dancing clothes...hehe (its not the best since it was on my phone.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext