Skip to main content

More Goals to For Reach!!!

This is about setting goals for myself. These aren't weight loss related in the sense of dealing with the "dieting" or exercising that comes with the weight loss battle, but more from the mental picture of what I have about myself from the weight loss battle. Some of you or most of you know that I was obese from 2001 until last year when I finally left that category behind. And in those 10 years I haven't really care what I looked like. I wore jeans and tee shirts, no make up or any type of jewelry, hair usually pulled into a pony tail. I did treat myself to pedicures since it was the only thing that made me feel girly. If by chance I did have to dress up it was always a pain since I never wanted to spend a lot of money on an outfit that I would most likely only wear once so most times I didn't go to the function. 


BUT THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE NOW!!


I have already started on some of the changes. I do wear make up more often. If I do go out I at least put in a pair of earrings. But I WANT to do more. I NEED to do more. I am worth the effort of making myself look good. I want to be that person that people look at and think: Wow, look how put together she is. I want to get away from only wearing jeans and tee shirts. To having those outfits in the closet so that my husband and I can got out somewhere nice for dinner on occasion. Not get stressed out if he has a function for work or even to a wedding.


So starting this week I'm am making a promise to myself to start taking better care of myself. Putting the extra effort to be that person that is "put together". Some things will have to come slowly, as in buying more clothes, shoes, and jewelry. But nothing should stop me from putting my make up on, wearing the jewelry I have now or even make sure that my nails look pretty. 


I will go from looking like this every day:






To looking like this more often:


Photo by Kari Isensee Phototgraphhy
If I have to write down every day what I did to keep this promise I will do so (not that I would blog about it every day, com'n who would want to read that, lol). It needs to become a habit, a good habit. I might even start taking a picture everyday (again; just for myself) to show tangible proof that I'm doing this! 

2012 is not only the year that I will reach goal and maintain my weight loss, but it will also be the year that I make myself a priority in this sense too!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext