Skip to main content

Back On Track with Friends

I think I have slowly found myself back on track. Though I can't take all the credit. I have two really good friends who have set up an accountability group. Through out the day we text each other to see how we are doing with our food choices and also our workouts for that day. We even send in a snap shot of our calories/exercise totals for the day off the Sparkpeople mobile app. It's great that even though we aren't in the same city/state we have this support for each other.


 I also have a good friend who is here on the AFB that has really pumped up my workouts from introducing me to new classes such as the circuit training class to coming up with workouts on her own. Let me tell ya, those workouts that she has put together have really kicked my butt and it's great info for me to use on my own (which I have done on several occasions). The one class she introduced me to that I have fallen in love with is Krav Maga. Its a self defense class and fortunately right now they are offering it free on the base, but I do want to figure out a way to join the gym that the instructor runs since they also have a class for kids and I think it would be great for both Hayden and Dakota (if she's allowed to do it).  


So this week I have kicked my workouts in high gear and have tracked my calories and stayed in range. I can (hopefully) see the light at the end of the tunnel and getting the weight that I gained back off, plus the little bit more I had to lose to reach goal. 


Switching gears a bit...


About a week ago a friend of mine sent me a picture of me and asking me if I remembered the girl in the photo. This was the photo:




I told her no I don't and I don't want to! But to be honest it was a good thing to see this photo. It really helps to show that despite the set back I have had with the weight gain. That even though I might have put on a little bit of weight I will never look like that girl again. That from now on I will look like this or even better:

(sorry for the blurriness)


Random Thought: When taking a self defense class and you are holding the the pad for the other person to kick or knee be sure to brace yourself or you'll end up on your ass across the floor, like I did a couple of weeks ago. It's now my goal to put someone on theirs!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext