Skip to main content

Just a Bit Stressed

Waiting games suck big time. We are waiting for our federal tax refund to hit our bank account and according to the IRS website the funds were sent to our bank yesterday. It's only been one day sent the money was sent so there isn't much to be worried about, but somehow someone hacked into our state system and stole information on those who filed state taxes and it can affect our return this year. That's a lot of money to be taken from us and it's what we are using to  jump start our savings for a house in the future along with trips with the family. I really shouldn't worry until next week since that is what the site said but I can't help how my brain thinks. More than likely it will show up tomorrow, at least that is what we are hoping for. But since I really can't do anything about it today I'm going to focus on what is positive. 

After my couple of pity party days I gained a bit of weight but over the last few days it has been coming off, woo hoo! And the weird thing is that I'm not hitting the gym as hard as I have in the past, for instance I didn't get but 15 minutes in on Sunday since my legs were still tired from the week before, only did about 45 minutes on Tuesday ( I went to the gym later in the day than normal and in was packed with a bunch of wanna be show offs [ not the same as those who made resolutions to lose weight this year]). My goal of the month is to get as close to the mid 170's as possible. I have backed off on my running since I am in real need of some new running shoes, which I hope to get really soon. 

Ty and I were talking over the weekend, and he asked me a question that I have been asking myself too. Why was it so much easier to lose the weight when I started back in 2010 than it is this go around. The only thing I can say is that I haven't given up completely. I think some of it is from being dissatisfied in certain areas of my life. Some are in my control and others are in other peoples control. So I'm going to just keep plugging along until I reach where I want to be. Just hoping I don't have another 40 lb set back. 

Later Dayz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext