Skip to main content

Last PreRace Run

Lesson learned today...don't expect a great run time the day after a really good leg workout and circuit training class. Plus I'm still not used to running in warmer weather. I'm glad that the race is early in the morning while its still cool, though I'm totally not looking forward to getting up at the butt crack of dawn. After talking with my husband I have decided to take both tomorrow and Friday off from the gym to let my body rest up. This will be my first 10k and I haven't ran 6 miles in a long long time, nor have ran the bridge since last fall. But I'm sure with all the excitement of being at the race I'll do just fine. Though I'm sad to not be getting a good workout with my friend and the circuit training class in. I really enjoy them. I'll also see how I'm feeling Sunday to decided if I do my boot camp workout. 


Since I'm taking the next couple days off from the gym I need to tighten up my "diet" and definitely make sure to eat before I hit the commissary tomorrow morning. Nothing worse than grocery shopping while hungry. And even though my MIL is coming into town on Friday night I've decided to cook that night and keep our day out to eat to Saturday since I'm sure will go somewhere maybe downtown Charleston for lunch and then I'm going out with a couple ladies from my husband's squadron Saturday night and to a dessert bar to boot, lol. But I deserve it after running 6.2 miles, :-)


Random thought of the day (guess its my new thing, lol)...I might have mentioned this in an earlier blog but its still something that plagues my mind. My biggest sore spot about my body is my legs (other than my boobs and that's a whole other story). After all the weight I have lost I still feel like my legs are huge. I have a bad habit of looking at other people's legs and think "why can't mine be that skinny".  Come on....look at them:





and these pictures are a few months old and they are a few inches bigger due to the 20 lb weight gain over the last few months. I would love to say its all muscle but there is still a lot of fat there...ugh!!


Ending the blog on a good note...going to start saving up for my next (and maybe last) tattoo. I feel like I have put it off long enough. My goal is to get it done this fall since I want it on my thigh and its not good to have it water or sun and I spend a lot of time at the pool and the beach in the summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs