Skip to main content

Stress and Judgements.....

So I have had a lot on my mind lately and this has been one of them and at times I think it stresses me out. And we all know how stress can affect our bodies, especially when we are trying to lose weight. I have only said this to maybe two people, one for sure. So here goes...


I have been wondering a lot lately who would stop wanting to hang out with me or even be my friend if I told them the truth about my religious beliefs. I don't believe in church and I don't believe in the bible, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe in GOD. I haven't really come to that decision yet. This also doesn't mean that I don't have morals and standards that I live myself by or my family. I don't judge those who do go to church or believe in the bible. They have every right to do so. And when people ask for prayers, I just say that I will keep them in my thoughts since I don't pray. 


But there are days where I just feel so weighted down by keeping this to myself, because I don't want to be judge. I have been judge for too many years about my weight and how I look, that I'm sick of it. Plus things that have gone on in my personal life and marriage that isn't anyone else's business. I have really come a long way into changing myself both inside and out, that I just cannot stand judgmental thoughts anymore. 


This doesn't change me as a person. If you liked before you knew this, why can't you like me afterwards. I just had to get this off my chest, one less stressful thing to think about in this crazy thing we call life...

Comments

  1. Girl I am with you, I don't believe in organized religion do I believe in God yes, do I pray no. But I feel that I was way more judgemental when I was going to church than now that I don't. I don't say that they can't go so I won't want them to tell me I have to go. This is between me and God. No one else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I love you no matter what and have no intention of judging you. I have had problems in the past connecting with a church. I can tell you without hesitation that I believe in God and he is the only one to judge any of us. A year ago, I started watching on my computer Rick Warren from Saddleback Church out of California. I have found so much peace and gratitude from listening to his series every week. Nothing compares to having a small group of supportive believers to worship along with, but if you don't have a church connection at this time, I think you would enjoy this. I invite you to watch his service just one time to see if you like him. You can watch sat evening or every two hours on Sunday. Please go to : wwwsaddlebackchurch.com. And choose Internet campus, click on "watch service" at one of the appointed times

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs

2014 Update

It's been a while since I wrote a blog...almost a year in fact... I have struggled so much with my weight over the last couple of years. I went from about 145 lbs up to 200 lbs. I'm back down in the 190's but so upset since I was so happy when I was in the 140s. I need to tighten my belt, for lack of better words, and get back to watching my diet and really and truly get back to counting calories since I know that works for me.  What really is heart breaking for me is going up in size in clothing. I went from wearing a size 8 to a 14, now back down to 12. I hate buying new clothes when I ones I love just sitting in my closet now being worn. The good thing this all is that I truly never gave up working out. I might have not been doing it at the intensity that I was in the past but that has change about 5 months ago. Five months ago I found CrossFit and fell in love. I have found through this program that it is very humbling and empowering. I have done more things that