Skip to main content

Thoughts on my next weigh in....

I can't stop thinking about my weigh in tomorrow. Yes, after all this time and after all that I have accomplished over the last year I still look to the scale as a weigh of measuring my success. It's the way I'm wired. Do I get disappointed when I have a gain, yes slightly since most of the gains that I have had over the year have came from spending time in my home town. But I have never let any of them stop me from continuing on this journey. 


Then why am I so centered on this weigh in? I am down to losing the last 30 lbs and I have never been in this position before. And you always hear that the closer you are to reaching the ultimate goal the harder the pounds are to come off. I'm not looking to lose 2 lbs a week, I have hardly had those weeks....on average I lose about 1.6 lbs a week. Plus I have completely change my calorie intake to help with how many calories I'm burning at the gym. 


It's a scary thought that I need to eat anywhere from 1500-1800 calories a day to lose weight! But on the other hand I am burning anywhere from about 850-950 at the gym and that's with cardio alone since I don't know what I'm burning doing my weight training, nor do I want to count those since I look at that in a completely different way towards my workouts...that is to help me build muscle. Which in turns helps burn the fat for when I do my cardio. It all goes hand in hand. 


And before anyone comments on how often I check my weight on the scale, I do this for me. It's a  personal choice as  to how often you want to check your weight and I have read articles that are for and against daily weigh ins. But back to the point. This week I have seen my weight go from 157.8 on Monday to 154.2 yesterday and back up to 154.4 today. I know that it was reading high on Monday morning due to all that I ate over the weekend, but it was really water weight. But what I am surprised about is that my weight is showing at 154.4. Who would have ever thought that eating that much is actually helping lose weight. 


Maybe my weight training is finally paying off and I'm burning more fat now (great way to look at it in my book). I still have 4 weeks until I go back for another Bod Pod test to see how much body fat % I have dropped over the last 3 months so I really don't know exactly what is going on. I know I really should just shut my mind up and tell it: "Hey, dummy, whatever you are doing is working. Stop fighting and just go with the flow!" 


I'm meeting my daily goals that I set for myself...and I'm on track to meet my weekly goals too. The only way I'm really going to know if this is the right process (calorie intake vs calorie burn) is to continue with it and see how each week goes. If it works wonderful, if not then I will just need to tweak it until it does. Right now I'm on track to reach my final goal by my 10th Wedding Anniversary, which would just be icing on the cake (figuratively). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs