Skip to main content

The Ups and Downs of My Week....

Well, this week has been interesting. On Friday I had my weigh in and was down to 152 lbs. Not as much as I wanted to lose since it was only .6 of a pound from the week before but I chalked it up to me starting my period soon. But the weekend kicked my ass in the food department. I think the only half way decent day I had was Saturday. Plus I didn't workout on Sunday since my mother-in-law was in town for a short time and we wanted to hit the beach. In the past I have been able to work off the little bit of weight gain from the weekend by the time my weigh in hits but this time I haven't been able to. Even with it being TOM I still haven't seen this big of a gain. As of today, the day before my weigh in day, I'm up 2.6 lbs. I'm thinking some of it is TOM and some of it is muscle gain. I have noticed that over the last week or so as I was doing my weight lifting I have had to go up on weight and reps to get that "muscle fatigued" feeling. I go for my 3rd bod pod test next week, so I'm hoping for some good results on seeing my body fat percentage go down. But still it's hard to see the pounds on the scale go up instead of down. 

Then on Tuesday I was in such a funky mood. I didn't want to be at the gym so I pumped up my music and set out to do my arm workout. It took me a little longer than normal but I wasn't in any big hurry and I was texting a friend of mine. Even after finishing my cardio I was still feeling crappy: depressed, lonely, and sad. Those happy endorphins never kicked in for me that day. But Wednesday was a much, much better day. Even before I got the email that kept me smiling all day I could tell that I was in a better mood. While at the gym kicking ass on my leg workout I received an email from my 30-somthings with 50-99 lbs to lose group on SparkPeople. It was telling that I had been name "Sparkler of the Week". I received so many congratulations on my success so far that it really put Tuesday's feelings far from my mind. I was literally smiling the day away. It really couldn't have came at a better time since it turn my outlook 180 degrees.  

Today was also a good day, even if my workout didn't go exactly as planned. I did my ab routine then hopped on the treadmill for my run (I so can't wait until it cools down some more so I can get back outside to run). But for some reason as I was running my legs just felt so heavy and then I started to feel sick to my stomach with some pains. I decided to stop at 25 mins but still managed to get in a 2.3 mile run. After wiping down the machine I thought for a minute about just calling it a day but I wasn't satisfied with what I had done so I jumped on the bike and rocked out a 40 min bike ride. I was happy that I didn't give in and go home. "YAY ME!", as London Tipton would say, lol. Then after my therapy appointment I went for some retail therapy. I had $20 in Old Navy S-U-P-E-R cash that had to be used this weekend and since I was already out I went today. I knew that I didn't want any more "T-shirt" type shirts and I had just gotten a pair of jeans from Kohl's so that was out. I walked around the store for a long time just looking for anything that caught me eye. I tried on a plaid shirt and a pair of black slacks (not together), they both fit but just wasn't sure if I really wanted them. Then I came across a couple of tops that l liked. Picking them up from the pile in a size Medium I thought to myself, there is no way this is going to fit me. Here is a photo of it....isn't it tiny!?!


I ended up with two new shirts and only spent $3 out of pocket...woo hoo for super cash and gift cards, lol. Here are a couple photos of the new tops from Old Navy and my new jeans (size freaking 8) from Kohl's (they are Daisy Fuentes).  (Please ignore the really really bad hair! lol)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Ugly Fat Girl?

So I was taking a look at my past blogs the other day and I came across the blog I wrote back in April that showed my weight loss journey in pictures. And all I can say is OMG! That starting picture is so freaking horrendous. I can't believe that I actually thought I looked pretty weighing that much. I can't believe that my husband actually found me attractive then. And I can honestly say that I was not one of the pretty fat girls...I was just plain fat and ugly. Its funny what lies one's self will tell them to help them feel good about themselves. I look at myself then and then I look at myself now and can't even comprehend that they are the same person. I feel like I'm a completely different person now. I AM a completely different person now.  But every once in a while I still look at myself I still see a fat, overweight, ugly person. Like today, I know I had just rocked it on the treadmill doing sprint intervals (definitely going to add that to my workout plan

Back on track???

I'm hopefully back on track...today was a great day. I didn't go crazy with eating so much I felt like crap...not that I ate the best considering I had a bag of peanut m&m's. Those plus Reece's peanut butter cups are my weakness. Thank god the last bag is gone and I'm not going to buy any more any time soon. Plus I got in all 5 miles that I had planned today. They weren't my fastest miles but I was only working on distance today. And for once I never thought of stopping before the 5 miles were done. Though about a half mile left I slowed down to walk a few seconds and my legs felt a bit numb, its been a long while since I have ran that long. But I think after this coming Wednesday I won't be running in the afternoons anymore. The warm weather was taking its toll on me. For me a perfect running day is when its a bit cloudy and about 55-60 degrees out. I'm also thinking about just doing the circuit training class on Tuesday and Thursday without any ext

My Weight Progress in Photos

Starting Photo Weight of 237 lbs (actual starting weight 242.4lbs) Down 16 lbs to 221 lbs Side by Side progress Side profile of progress Down another 16 lbs to 205 lbs Side by side progress Side profile of Progress Down another 16lbs to 189 lbs Side by side of progress Side progile of progress Down another 17 lbs to 172 lbs Side by side of progress side profile of progress Total Progress from 237lbs to 172lbs Side Profile of my progress from 237lbs to 172lbs